Saturday, January 23, 2010

Red Peppers on sale

Just came from Woodman's.

They have the most beautiful red peppers (2 for a dollar) on sale.What a deal. This is the price you may hopefully find in the summer, but never have I seen that price this time of the year. I bought lots of them to roast and freeze. Oh yes, I left some for you!!!!!
But---- when I am finished roasting these, I may go back for more. So hurry, and go and get some!!!!!

Posted a Red Pepper Humus Recipe yesterday that you can use the peppers in. Roasting intensifies the flavors of the peppers and also caramelizes them. They are wonderful where ever you want red pepper flavors. Soups, stews, pizza sauce, any tomatoes based sauce for that matter. Oh yes, they are fabulous in chili.
If you have not done any roasting, try it, it's great.
Have fun!!!
Directions for roasting peppers was posted on yesterday's blog. If any questions let me know.

No comments: