Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well it's day 2

I DID IT LAST NIGHT!!!!!!YEAH!!!!
went on my bike 35 min. while I watched a good movie.and I did not eat after 5. That is a biggie for me as I enjoy eating in the evening-that is my hardest time.

My goal for 2010 is to lose 50 lbs by spring. Anyone else want to do it with me????

How am I going to do this???

1-Low sodium foods- watch those canned, pkg. boxed items. Did you know even fresh veggies with a wrapper, have sodium in them. The purpose is to extend longer life. Please read labels.
2-Low fat- use sprays- rather than butter or oil when stir frying etc. Careful of EVOO-hear it is suppose to be good- but it is still fat. Healthy fats are salt free nuts and avacados. Go easy on those also as it still is fat.
3-Sugar- Ouch that was my downfall over the Holidays. Get rid of all that white sugar. When recipes call for sugar I use Agave Nectar-use only about 1/4 of what recipe calls for. Try getting your sugar from fresh fruit. Yummy!!!!
4-Eat lots of high fiber foods-fresh greens-fresh fruit- beans and leguines. You will feel so much better and have so much more energy.
5- Drink lots of water-I like adding fresh lime juice or lemon juice to my water.
Remember when you think your hungry-water may satisfy you.

I will share more later on how I plan to lose my 50 lbs this winter.

O.K. Are you ready to face another day??? If you make it a healthy day every thing else will seem waaaaaay better!!!! Let's go for it.

1 comment:

Robbi Ulrich said...

Excellent blog! Love it! I'm in on the challenge. I'm getting married in April and will lose 10 lbs in January and 10 lbs in February....then possibly 10 lbs in March. Within the first 1/2 hour of waking up, I drink 6 cups of water; get some of the water out of the way right away. I also got the Wii, Wii Fit and Wii Active for Xmas......excellent workouts and fun. Actually makes working out fun. Again, love your blog!