Friday, January 8, 2010

Held accountable

So glad that you are out their to hold me accountable. I am usually on my tread mill by 5:30 in the am. Had the worst time getting with it this morning. The last thing I wanted to do was go on the tread mill. What is the saying, no pain, no gain. Well I chose to go on it in spite of my feelings. I did the 35 min at 4.2 today. Usually I walk for 4 min at 4.0 (this may change from day to day) then run at 5.7 for 1 minute. Heard that burns allot of calories. I do know it makes the time go fast. As we get older it is so important to exercise as we lose more muscle every year.

Jumped on the scale and didn't lose anything. Stupid scale!! Oh well I know I went on the treadmill yesterday morning for35 min. shoveled my driveway, as it snowed yesterday; and then 35 min on my exercise bike last evening. Also stuck to my food plan. So I am probably building lots of muscles.

Well need to close as I am off to my line dancing class.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure are dedicated and ambitious. I need some of that. I need to shed some pounds and build muscle. Hey, how many calories did I burn just reading your blog?

Anonymous said...

Verna,
Great blog.
It should give everyone an incentive to be healthy. I believe in writing down all food you put in your mouth ---like you said-----we can eat and not know if we are getting the vitamins we need. Keep up the good work. Love, e

Anonymous said...

....your scale is broken.....
Great job!
robbi

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll confess, I hate to exercise and I have a hard time motivating myself. I think I'm going to do it, but then I don't. This leads to discouragement and feeling bad about myself. HOWEVER, after hearing that you struggle too, and that you got up early to exercise, I am going to go do something right now! I'm going to bounce on my mini tramp. It may only be for 5 minutes, but it is better than nothing. Thanks for the inspiration.