Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Perfect Tofu Vegetable Dip

I made this layered salad for the CHIP Potluck. It was a huge hit. I put the dip on the bottom of the container. I then put chopped and drained tomatoes on top of the dip. Follower by chopped green onions, sliced black olives. I layered this three times ending up with the greens.


People have been asking me for dip recipes and basically never shared, because I didn't have one I really liked.


My daughter gave me this recipe and it is excellent.

Of course I made a few changes.

-


Ingredients:


  • 1 pkg. soft Tofu

  • 1 cup mayo of choice-I used Grapeseed Oil Veganaise.

  • 2 teaspoon lemon juice


Blend tofu,mayo lemon juice in food processor or mix master.



To the above I added:



  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika

  • 1 tespoonBraggs Sprinkles-24 herbs and spices seasoning, or seasoning of choice

  • Cayenne pepper-optional or Sriracha Hot Sauce, to taste.

  • A couple shakes-Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend

Stir in, all added ingredients.



  1. Refrigerate 1-2 hours.

  2. If to thick add unflavored soymilk.

  3. Serve with raw vegetables, or pita triangles.

This is really good. You can add almost any seasonings that you would like.



A friend just told me this makes a wonderful spread for on a sandwich.



Enjoy!!!









No comments: