Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vegetable Soup

This recipe was going to be a chicken noodle soup. Change gears as I am making it, as it in no way tasted like Chicken Noodle soup that I made before CHIP. It turned out really tasty but renamed it to vegetable soup. I decided to leave out the noodles. Less calories.

Ingredients:

3 large celery stalks. chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
4-5 clove garlics -less if you don't like garlic
1 onion-minced
2 large potatoes-diced
mushrooms-chopped
6 cups broth-I used my broth that I make
3 chicken Bullion -I use Wylers Chicken Bullion No Sodium

2 teaspoons creamy horseradish sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon thyme
6-8 fresh Basil leaves-Cheffonade
Lots of fresh ground black pepper
touch cayenne pepper

Directions:
Saute onions, celery, carrots in hot sprayed Dutch Oven or kettle.
Add mushrooms and garlic. Continue sauteing for a couple of minutes.
Add 2 Tablespoons water, continue sweating vegetables until tender.
Add broth, chicken bullion an seasonings.
Continue cooking on medium to low heat.
Add fresh Basil leaves

Serve with garlic toast.

Soup is always better the second day.

Enjoy!!

No comments: