Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

A very wonderful Memorial Day Weekend to all.

I am knee deep in yard work. trying to make life a little easier in my yard by down sizing.
Why did I ever make all that work for me, must have been crazy!!

My college age granddaughter is coming in from Kansas today and we will probably make some new recipes. Haven't been doing as much cooking as I have been soooooooooo very busy with yard work, putting a 6 ft. fence around my garden, planting my garden, planning my cooking class, Alumni Pot Luck and community service.

I had a speeding ticket, and went to plead my case. I ended up with 15 hours of community service instead of paying a fine of $175.30. Yes I was 10 miles over the speed limit. Was going 35 miles an hour, late one evening by where the Forester used to be on Spencer. Should know better as that is such a speed trap there.

The prosecutor felt I was waaay too old to do community service. Hey I am only 71 years young, and probably can work circles around those young whippersnappers!!!!
Thank God for the judge, as he decided I was capable of doing Community Service.

A super great weekend to everyone. Sound like it is going to be a hot one.

No comments: