Saturday, May 14, 2011

Red Peppers

Just wanted to let you know that Red Peppers are 49 cents a piece at Woodman.
That is a steal this time of the year.

I just came from there one hour ago and they had lots of them. I am going back to pick up at least 20 more. When they are this price is when I buy them to roast, and then freeze, and also cut in strips and freeze for future use.

Sunday afternoon:
I am in the throws of roasting red peppers. I did up 30 yesterday and am doing 30 more today.
Oh they are so good in pizza sauce, lasagna sauce, spaghetti sauces, you get the idea. Plus soups, or anywhere you want a roasted tomato flavor. They had lots of red peppers left this afternoon.

They are oh so good!!

You know how expensive red peppers have been. Like $1.58 a piece last week at Woodman's. I saw them at another store last week for $2.58 a piece. I will not buy them at this price

Just wanted to let you know!!

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: