Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Carrot Cake Oatmeal



I got this recipe from my Meatout Monday Recipes. I made a triple bath as I had carrots from my garden that I wanted to use. I found it to be more tasty the next day.


Ingredients:


  • 1 cup almond milk

  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.2 Tablespoons coconut milk cream-optional

  • 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon

  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger

  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

  • pinch of salt

  • 1 large carrot finely grated-1 heaping cup

  • 1/2 cup regular oats

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract-no imitations please

  • 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup

  • 1/3 cup nuts

  • 1/3 cup raisins

Topping:


  • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts

  • 1 Tablespoon coconut milk cream-optional

  • 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup

  • 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:


  1. In a small kettle, heat the milk, lemon juice and coconut cream.

  2. Stir in spices and salt .
    Add carrots and oats and cook for about 8 minutes, or until oats is soft.

  3. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, maple syrup, and walnuts.

  4. Mix topping ingredients, Serve on top of oatmeal.


Enjoy!!!


No comments: