Friday, October 21, 2011

Lemon Treats



These are really good.

My Japanese Dr. friend who I met when traveling with Dr. Diehl, sent me this recipe. My Japanese friend eats only raw foods. She would like me to do it also, but I have not come to that point. I think it is a great idea, BUT!!!!!!!!!!

When making this recipe, don't do like I did. I put the dates in the food processor whole. My food processor did not like me very much. Make sure to cut the dates in small pieces before putting in the food processor. .


Ingredients:


  • 1 cup chopped pitted dates

  • 1 cup raw walnuts

  • 1 cup sesame seeds

  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

  • 2-3 Tabelspoons grated zest

  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut

Directions:


  1. Put all ingredients, except coconut in food processor. Pulse until completely combined.

  2. Roll a Tablespoon of mixture into a ball and roll in the coconut.


These where more putsy then I wanted, plus I was in a hurry. So I put the coconut in with the mixture and added about 1/4 cup agave Nectar. Then I rolled them into the balls.


They where excellent.


Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

Jean L. said...

This recipe reminds me of the CAROB BALLS I made that were rolled in crushed cashews. Very messy but OHHH so good. Got some dates in fridge just waiting to be lemonized & coco-nutted. Thanks, Verna, for the new variation.