Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cranberry Salad

We think of cranberries for Thanksgiving, and of course that is good. But this is a very tasteful
salad any time fresh cranberries are available. The tartness of the cranberries, sweetness of the apples and crunchiness of the walnuts makes for a perfect salad.
It is great by itself or I am sure with any vegan burger or vegan meatloaf would be great.
What I like about it is that it is quick and easy. I chopped everything in the food processor.
Ingredients:


  • 1/2-1 cup toasted and chopped walnuts

  • 12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries- washed and chopped

  • 2 Granny Smith Apples chopped-I left the peel on

  • 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup

  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley-chopped

  • 2 oranges-I used the zest and juice

  • Fresh ground pepper if desired
Directions:


  1. Chopped each ingredients in the food processor.

  2. I did each ingredients separately to get the consistency that I wanted.

  3. Chill for at least 2 hours.

  4. Serve on a bed of baby greens.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments: