Monday, October 31, 2011

Colcannon or Potato-Cabbage Dish






Colcannon is a Irish Dish served all year round but it's especially popular on Halloween.





I made this today and it is a real comfort food.








  • Ingredients:
    3 cups finely shredded green cabbage



  • 1 onion, finely chopped



  • 6 cooked potatoes, mashed-I used Yukon Golds



  • 1/4 cup Rice Milk-more if needed



  • 1/3 cup Earth Balance or to taste



  • Freshly ground black pepper



  • I also added some kale that I chopped fine



  • 1 Granny Smith Apple



  • 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast



  • Kelp for salty taste-optional



  • and Mrs Dash salt free Southwest Chipotle Seasonings




Directions:






  1. I put cabbage, kale, 1 Tablespoon Earth Balance, onion and a couple of Tablespoons water in a kettle and cooked until just aldonte.



  2. I cooked the potatoes and apple in a separate container, drained and mashed with the Earth Balance and seasonings.



  3. I then added Kale and cabbage to the potatoes an mixed well.



Season to your taste and Enjoy!!!










No comments: