Sunday, March 18, 2012

California Creamed Kale

. I got this recipe off the Mitch Spinach website, which has recipes for children.
The recipes are quick and easy. I made this today and you can see how thick
it is. If I would have stirred it in with the kale it probably would have been perfect.

I did add a few more ingredients to it as it was rather bland,it's for kids, so spicy is not an option.

Ingredients:


  • 1 cup raw cashews

  • 1 cup almond milk-plain-without the vanilla

  • 1/2 Tablespoon onion flakes-actually it called for 4 Tablespoons but all I had was powder.

  • 1 Tablespoon no-salt seasoning

  • I added 1 teaspoons garlic powder

  • 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast

  • Dash of hot sauce
Directions:


  1. Steam kale until soft.

  2. Put all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.

  3. Press water out of kale

  4. Add cream sauce. I would mix it in well.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: