Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Celery Root Salad



I mixed a celery root with a Granny Smith Apple plus other ingredients an put the salad on a bed of roasted beets. I didn't have surgery so I am busy coming up with/trying new recipes.

After the 82 degree weather we had last week it feels good to be inside.

Ingredients:


  • 1/3-1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise

  • 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard

  • 1 Tablespoon plus fresh lemon juice

  • 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley

  • 1 lb. celery root peeled, coarsely grated before mixing

  • 2 tart green apples, peeled quartered and julienned

  • Fresh ground pepper to taste

  • I added fresh chopped chives and sunflower seeds also to the mixture and top for garnish.

Directions:


  1. I cut up celery root in chunks and put in a food processor, so much easier than grating and my stomach doesn't care.

  2. I did the same with the apples and left the peel on.

  3. Mix everything together and chill for at least 1 hour.

  4. I thought the salad looked really bland so I roasted some beets and put salad on top of that. Appearance is really important in food.

Enjoy!!

No comments: