Saturday, March 24, 2012

Garlic Cheez Sauce



Cheez Sauce-This is a double recipe, still in the kettle.


I made a Green Bean Casserole and put the sauce in there. This is really good.
Jean gave me the recipe and it is very good and versatile.
Try it over vegetables, or use as a dip.
Ingredients:


  • 1 cup water

  • 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast

  • 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch

  • 1 Tablespoon Flour- I did not use

  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/4 teaspoon plus of garlic

  • Seasonings of choice
Plus:


  • I used 1/2 teaspoon Braggs Organic Sprinkles-.24 Herbs and Spices-(my favorite seasoning)

  • Woodman's has this in aisle 23, left hand side towards the back of the store.

  • Plus I Used a couple shakes of Mrs. Dash southwest Chipotle Seasoning and a dash of fresh ground pepper.
Directions:


  1. Mix well in blender.

  2. Cook over medium heat till thickened.

  3. Season to taste..

  4. For the casserole I browned onions and garlic. added green beans, and the cheese sauce.


  1. Poured in a glass casserole container. Sprinkle with Panco Crumbs (low sodium) as that is all the "bread" I had in the house.

  2. sprayed the top with vegetable spray.

  3. Baked at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.

Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Woodman's reference! Pictures look delicious too :)

@WoodmansTalk
www.twitter.com/#!/WoodmansTalk