Sunday, March 25, 2012

Celery Root

This is Celery Root. Sometimes they are quite a bit larger. I have never used Celery Root and so often people ask me what do you do with it.


I cut the ends off of the Celery Root, so that
I could stand it up. I Sliced the root and then diced in 1/2 pieces.



I put the diced (2 roots) in boiling water and add 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes (diced).


After the potatoes where soft, I drained then and then added about 1/3 cup plain soy creamer and about that much Earth Balance. After mashing the concoction, I added Horseradish Sauce to taste, tad of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Would have liked to add some chopped chives to this but forgot.



I then proceeded to roast, celery, onions, garlic, red pepper,
Yukon Gold Potato, plus 2 plum tomatoes that I had on the cupboard that needed to be used up. Use any root vegetables you have on hand. Bake at 425 Degrees. Turning once, when finished,
I added some Braggs seasoning. touch of pepper and some fresh Rosemary to the roasted vegetables and served them over the celery root potatoes.


They where very enjoyable.




Be adventuresome and give celery root a try. I think you will really like it.










No comments: