Friday, September 7, 2012

Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar




This recipe came from Skinnytaste.com. Someone brought it to the potluck on Wednesday evening.


I made this recipe last evening and doubled it as I hate dibs and dabs in my freezer just to get lost in my freezer and never to be seen again. And if you are lucky enough to ever find it you wonder what in the world it is. In case you are wondering what I am talking about the recipe calls for only 1/4 of the banana. I used it all.


I love this recipe, it is very tasty and oh so very quick and easy. Next time I may add more crunchy seeds to it. I love the chia seeds in it.




Ingredients:




  • 1/4 cup quick oats


  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk


  • 1/4 medium banana, sliced-freeze the rest for future use.


  • 1/2 Tablespoon Chia Seeds


  • 1/2 cup blueberries


  • 4-5 drops NuNatural liquid vanilla stevia. I just used my agave with a half teaspoon of vanilla


  • pinch of cinnamon-I used almost a teaspoon in the double batch.




Directions:




  1. Place all ingredients in a quart jar. Put on a cover and shake well.


  2. Refrigerate overnight.


  3. Before eating add toppings desired, such as nuts, granola etc.


Enjoy!!!






No comments: