Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Vegetable Pasta Salad

This is a quick and easy summer salad. I used my food processor to chop the vegetables. Cutting by hand is not all that it is rated. Just so much faster in our busy lives to use the food processor.
This is a new recipe that I made for the potluck tonight . It is so much more fun trying a new recipe when there are more than just me to eat it. I found this recipe on Peaceful Plate.com
They had lots of recipes on their that sounded interesting. I chose this one because of the fall bounty. Hope everyone enjoys the recipe.
Ingredients:


  1. 8 oz. whole wheat small pasta-cooked al dente, drained, rinsed and cooled to room temperature.

  2. 1/2-3/4 cup red, yellow or orange sweet pepper-diced

  3. 1/3 plus carrots-diced

  4. 1/2 plus frozen peas- I just add to the salad-do not need to be cooked.

  5. 6 green onions -sliced-use some of the greens also.

  6. 1 Tablespoon plus chopped cilantro.-optional

  7. 1/2 cup plus-veganaise-I like the Follow Your Heart, Grapeseed Veganaise.

  8. 1 teaspoon curry powder-I used more.

  9. 1 teaspoon agave nectar

  10. 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

  11. salt and pepper to taste.
Directions:


  1. Put the pasta, vegetables and cilantro in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.

  2. In a separate bowl whisk together Vegenaise, curry, agave and vinegar until curry has dissolved into the liquid.

  3. Pour over pasta and stir gently.

  4. Add salt and pepper to taste.

  5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.







No comments: