Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday Party

I had mentioned that I had several friends in for a birthday party. NONE of them are vegetarian/vegan, so it became an interesting endeavor. I wanted it to be an adventure for the people present. I decided seeing it was all lady friends that I would try a variation of salads.

The night before the party I was at Festival Foods and found this really cool flowering kale, (top picture). What a perfect base for my salads. In the center container I had a Waldorf Salad, vegan of course. The other salads consisted of Jo's Pomegranate Salad, My Cinnamon Wheat Berry Salad, and of course I had to do my Bean Salad which is a Tuna Salad imitation. The birthday girl LOVES the tuna Salad from Culver's.
We started the meal with my Leek Soup (Several posts back). The salads with some cool crackers, was the next course. We had Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream for dessert in fancy pedestal glassware. While presents where being opened we had Lemon Mint Tisane. The evening was a huge hit. I can't wait to do it again. I love trying new recipes, and having the wonderful privileged of having friends in to share my culinary accomplishments (hopefully not disasters) with them.

If you have a ladies party, give this a try. It was a fun night.

No comments: