Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mediterranean Salad

My daughter in law gave me this recipe. It is really great, but it called for Wishbone's Mediterranean Salad Dressing. It was way to high in sodium so I made my own dressing.

Salad Ingredients:
  • Bow tie pasta -cooked till aL dante
  • Sliced black olives
  • Cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • Spinach
  • Feta Cheese-optional
Directions:
  1. Cook pasta.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients.
The dressing I made was as follows:
  •  2 Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
  • 1 & 1/2-2 teaspoons dijon mustard
  • Black pepper to taste-freshly ground
  • 1-2 garlic cloves- minced
  • 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup EVOO-I used half water
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • Juice from 1 orange
Dressing
  1. Whisk together vinegar  and mustard. Continue wishing in oil. Add the rest of the ingredients.
  2. I chilled the salad and the dressing separately.
  3. Add dressing just before serving.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: