Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cauliflower Potato Curry

Kathy Hahlbeck, from the present CHIP Class gave me this recipe.
What a fabulous combination of spices. The aroma of these spices was in my home for hours after making this recipe.   What better than any fragrance to make my home smell great.
I hope you give it a try as it is very enjoyable.
Can't wait till noon as I plan on having this for lunch today.

Thanks Kathy for sharing the wonderful recipe!!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil or oil of choice
  • 1 teaspoon each : ccurry powder, turmeric, cumin, and thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper-I used Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle Seasoning
  • 2/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 cups cubed waxy potatoes-I used Yukon Gold
  • Pepper to taste-go easy on the salt
  • 1 cup vegetable stock-I used about 3 cups
  • 2 cups chopped cauliflower
  • 1 carrot-chopped
  • 2 slices ginger-I sliced the ginger thin
  • 1/4 lb fresh green beans-I used frozen
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • I added 2 teaspoons Wylers low sodium Chicken Bullion
Directions:
  1. Heat oil in skillet. Stir in dry spices., stir until fragrant.
  2. Add onion and garlic, cook over low heat until tender.
  3. Ad potatoes and stock (1 cup at a time), cover and cook 10 minutes.
  4. Stir in cauliflower, carrots and ginger. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
  5. Stir in beans. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
  6. Remove cover, continue to simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
  7. Stir in lemon juice.
  8. Season to taste with pepper and any other seasonings. I used just a touch of salt.
  9. Serve over rice and top with green onion.
Enjoy!!
Again, thank you Kathy for the recipe.

No comments: