Monday, June 28, 2010

Healthy Hot Cereal

I got this recipe out of April's Vegetarian Magazine. I love the recipe just the way it is. I am eating this as it as I type this recipe. It has a real nutty consistency to it. It's a nice change from my muesli.
And oh so easy and quick.

Healthy Hot Cereal
2/3 cup Amaranth
1/2 cup millet

Toppings:
cranberries
raisins
chopped apples
chopped walnuts
shredded coconut
flax seed
Agave Nectar-optional.
Any of the above or what ever you choose,

Directions:
1-Bring amaranth and millet and 4 cups of water to boil. Cover reduce heat to medium low and simmer 25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
2-Serve with toppings of choice.

Comments from Verna's test kitchen:
1-I am really enjoying this for a change. It is real nutty, and very filling.
I added Sunflower Kernel's that I have it my freezer. That makes it even more nutty, Put dried cranberries in also. Had fresh blueberries in frig so topped with that.

If you like creamy and smooth cereal you will not like this. If chewy is your thing, give this a try.

Have a super wonderful day. Enjoy this wonderful weather in the 70's this week.
Remember I would love your comments.

No comments: