Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roasted Vegetables Bread Lasagna

I know this is off the wall, but I tried it this week and thought it really good. I am not too fond of lasagna noodles in my lasagna. They are just kind of their and don't add allot of flavor.

Roasted Vegetables Bread Lasagna

1 loaf of pre-sliced crusty sourdough bread
vegetables of choice-onions, garlic, red and green peppers eggplant, zucchini, cherry tomatoes or whatever you have.
About 4 1/2 cups of sauce of your choice

Directions:
  1. I sprinkled my bread slices with garlic,
  2. I dried my bread out in the oven 250 degrees about 1/2 hour or until dry. ( you could put the bread in the oven the day before, with oven off and it will dry just fine)
  3. Chop all vegetables in bite size pieces, (except garlic, I did finer).
  4. Put on 2 sprayed cookie sheets.
  5. Drizzle lightly with EVOO. I used Tuscon Oil.
  6. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Mix well with hands.
  7. Roast in oven at 425 degrees, for about 45 minutes, turning once.
  8. You want the vegetables to be nice and golden brown.

    To assemble:
    1-In glass 9 by 13 inch pan, pour about 1 1/2 cups of sauce of choice in pan and spread out.
    2-Top with toasted bread. (Using 1/2 of the bread) Do as you would do with lasagna noodles. Do not overlap.
    3-Put half of the roasted vegetables over the bread. I had Basil leaves that I chopped and sprinkled over the top of the vegetables.
    4-Repeat layers
    5-Make sure to end with sauce, spread well to cover bread and vegetables.
    6-Bake 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, leave sit 10 minutes before serving.

    Be adventuresome and give it a try. It's really good.


    Comments appreciated.

    Have a super wonderful day.

No comments: