Thursday, June 3, 2010

Orange Sherbet

If you go to my March 31st posting, you will find my orange sherbet recipe. I do not usually use the orange zest in my sherbet, as it can get bitter, especially if you got some pitch in your zesting.For the pot luck tonight, I used all soy milk, instead of water and it makes it more like an ice cream.

I have always made this in a food processor and it has turned out great. Because I am now a proud owner of an ice cream machine. I did run it through the ice cream machine, after it came out of the food processor. This adds air to the mixture, which hopefully will make it lighter.
This step is not necessary. Just experimenting.

Hope to have lots of healthy ice cream recipes on my blog, now that I have the ice cream machine. It's a Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine, purchased at Sam's Club, and is suppose to be one of the better ones. Not sure on the cost as it was a gift.

No comments: