Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rabbits, Rabbits and more Rabbits.

The rabbits don't know it, but I planted the vegetable garden for myself and to share with others. The rabbits must think I planted the garden for them. As fast as I plant something they eat it. I planted soy bean plants last week, within a couple of hours the tops where chewed off.

What happened to my watermelon and muskmelon plants. Replanted them 3 times!!! Yikes, I have better things to do.

Those beans and peas- they will be gone before they are even up.

Was going to put a fence around to keep the rabbits out. Problem is, I also have wild turkeys and deer that also love to feast in my garden . How big and extensive do I need to go with a fence, to keep all these cute, impossible animals out?????

When all else fails, go back to basics.
I took one egg white, put in my blender with a quart of water, blended, put in spray bottle and sprayed my plants with it. The rabbits hate it. Keep extras in frig for next use.Only problem, after each rain I need to respray.

Oh well, is this the price I need to pay to stay healthy????????? Or is it?????

Farmers markets sound a lot easier at this time.

Have a super wonderful day.

No comments: