Saturday, September 25, 2010

Exercise-Emotional Pain


What a beautiful day.

I went almost 34 miles on my bike today. These nice days are coming to an end fast so we need to enjoy them whenever we can. I hope you had a chance to get outside today.

Exercise sure does help get rid of the stress and emotional pain in our lives. I was really hurting this morning and I wanted to cancel the bike trip for today. Thank God that this bike ride was already planned. If I would have stayed home I may have turned to food to suave my emotional pain. Before CHIP I was guilty of using food as my security blanket. I don't do that very often anymore but today I could have fallen into that trap.

Their was 3 of us that went bike riding today so I rode as fast as I could the first hour.. It sure helped my emotional state of mind. I didn't have to worry about offending my bike riding friend as she had her adult granddaughter to bike with.


I share this because I know with teaching CHIP, there are many of you that struggle the same way.

Food to solve emotional pain just is not the answer.

I feel like I was successful today because I did not turn to comfort foods to solve my problems. Actually that would have just complicated everything as then I would be beating myself up for doing it.

Everything looks a little brighter tonight.

Exercise, plus, prayer and friends can get us through some very difficult times.

Hope your doing well.

I hope you CHIPPERS (or anyone else) know I am always here if you need a friend. You have my email address and my phone number. verna.v@att.net

No comments: