Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baked Apple Cider Donuts

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour-I used ww pastry flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 egg-I used egg replacer
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar- I used organic brown sugar and 1/2 cup
  • 1/2 cup apple chopped-I peeled them and did a whisker more than a half of a cup
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/3 cup apple cider
  • 3 Tablespoon vegetable oil-I used plain applesauce
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Grease donut pans and set aside.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients, set aside.
  4. Put the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
  5. Mix until well blended.Add flour mixture in small amounts. Do not over mix, just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
  6. Spoon dough into donut pans. Do not over fill pans.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.--
Notes:
I found this recipe on PCRM- made some changes.
The recipe said to puree apples, in food processor I put them in finely chopped.
The only place I could find doughnut pans was at Wire Whisk. They had the pans for larger doughnuts like on the picture and also pans that held miniature doughnuts.
The next time I would like to try yeast doughnuts and see how they turn out.
Give this recipe a try. I think you will like them.
Enjoy!!

No comments: