Saturday, September 25, 2010

Garbanzo Bean Salad Sandwich


This turned out really very good. Very easy to make and very inexpensive.

15 oz can garbanzo beans- drained and mashed, leaving a few chunks
1/2 onion-finely chopped
2-3 celery stalks-finely diced
3 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
3-4 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
Vegenaise
Handful or two of salad greens of choice-torn into small pieces.
1 teaspoon curry powder -more if you like
lots of black pepper

Directions:

  1. Mix everything together except greens.
  2. Refrigerate a few hours to marry the flavors.
  3. Mix greens just before serving
  4. Serve on bun, or high fiber toast with a slab of tomato.

    Comments from Verna's Kitchen

I was trying to make this recipe the way I made my Tuna salad before CHIP . I put the salad on Farmers Whole Wheat Toast, which I bought at Breadsmith. It is oh so very good.
.
Try it I think you will like it. Your thinking Garbanzo Beans, they have no flavor. With everything else on it, it's just very good. Remember like soup, it's better the
second day.
-

Comments at a later date from Verna:
This has probably become my most popular meal when in a hurry.
I put the rinsed Garbanzo Beans in a food processor.
Twirl until almost blended.
I remove the twirled beans to a bowl and put a onion that I quarter and lots of celery (break into large pieces) in the food processor.
Twirl until medium chunks are left. Mix all together.
This is so quick and easy.
Maybe doesn't look as pretty as when hand chopped , but my tummy doesn't care.
I probably would hand chop for company. Most of the time I have been eating this on a bed of dark baby mixed greens, instead of bread.
So easy and so good.
-
Comments appreciated, so I know you are out there.
-
Have a great and wonderful day!!!

No comments: