Sunday, September 12, 2010

Zucchini Garder Chowder

This is a recipe that I used to make when my kids were growing up. Of course I had to change it quite a bit to make CHIP approved.

This is really good

Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini, chopped-( I left the peel on, just cut off bad spots)
1 large onion chopped
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/3 cup flour
1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon salt-optional
3-4 Tablespoons fresh minced parsley
1 teaspoon Braggs Sprinkles--(available at Woodman's in natural food aisle)
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
touch of cayenne pepper
3 cups water-(I used broth that I made)
5-6 Herb Ox chicken no sodium bullion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
10 oz pkg frozen corn-or fresh
16 oz plain soy creamer or soy milk-( I used soy creamer)
squirt agave nectar -optional
1/2- 3/4 cup of cheese of choice

Directions:
1-Saute first 3 ingredients in a sprayed pan.
2-Remove from heat, add flour , mix well. Add broth.
Add rest of ingredients except creamer and parsley.
3-Bring to boil, cook for 2 minutes
4-Turn heat to low, add cheese, soy cream and parsley.

Remember soup is always better the second day.

Serve with a little shredded cheese on top and a sprig of fresh parsley.

Enjoy!!

Have a super day

No comments: