Monday, September 6, 2010

High Fiber Scottish Oat Muffins


My friend Jean L. brought these muffins to our Alumni Pot Luck last week.
I have posted this recipe once before, but decided to post it again as they are excellent, and I want to make sure you have the recipe.

High Fiber Scottish Oat Muffins

Recipe is on Bob's Red Mill High Fiber Hot Cereal Bag.

3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (be sure to use pastry flour, it is much lighter.)
3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill High Fiber Hot Cereal
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup plain yogurt of choice
Ener-G egg substitute to equal 1 egg ( Make sure to leave set for 5 minutes)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. vanilla (make sure it is pure vanilla)
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Direction:

1-Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
2-Make a well in the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, stir until mixed, do not over mix or your muffins will get heavy. Fold in carrots, dates, and walnuts.
3-Lightly spray muffin tins. Fill 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes

(I like making these in small or medium muffin cups.)

Parenthesees is Verna's comments.
Thanks Jean. These are delicious.
Please read Jean's comment,

Enjoy!!!!

Have a super day!!!!!

2 comments:

Jean L. said...

Just a note Verna: I omitted the brown sugar because the dates make them sweet enough; I used 1 TBLSP. flaxseed + 3 TBLSP. water (let sit 5 min.) instead of the Ener-G; I couldn't find plain soy yogurt so I used strawberry/banana OR can use soy sour cream AND I added x-tra applesauce for moister muffins. WHEW. . .got that? Anyway. . .
they sure are delish!!

Verna V said...

Thanks jean, I: appreciate your comment.