Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats


I have never been too impressed with steel cut oats.
I made this recipe last evening and put in my slow cooker. Breakfast was ready when I got up.

It is really tasty, and creamy. I would make it again when this is gone. Muesli has always been my choice of breakfast food. This was a nice change.


Cinnamon Apple Steel Cut Oats

1 cup steel cut oats
3 apples-diced (I left the peel on)
1 healthy teaspoon cinnamon
touch of nutmeg
1 cup raisins or dried optional
1 quart water
1 container of Silk Soy Creamer-I used the vanilla
pinch of salt

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. I cooked it on high for 1 hour, and then put it on low for 5-6 hours.
This is great to throw together just before you go to bed.


After the leftovers have been refrigerated for a few hours. OH MY GOSH, when cold it tastes like a apple custard. Really good!!!!

The original recipe did not have the soy creamer, apples, cinnamon or nutmeg in. Give it a try, you will absolutely love it!!



Enjoy!!

Comments appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!!





1 comment:

Robbi said...

Sounds yummy - can't wait to make it.