Monday, September 9, 2013

A Load of Cabbage

My friend and I went bike riding Friday September 6,  in Black Creek and stopped at Wagner's  afterwards to get some produce.  The cabbage the size of a basketball, it is  $1.00 a head. When we arrived at nine o'clock this is the way the wagon looked. When we got back at noon the wagon was almost empty. I picked up a kohlrabi the size of a soccer ball, for a $1.25. They have huge green peppers 3 for $1.00.  Muskmelons and watermelons really reasonable. If you have not been out there stop and get some produce. You will be glad that you did.

What a deal it all is.

Anyway about our bike riding that day.
  My friend and I were bike riding from Black Creek to Naverino. The trail was very empty and forlorn except for

supposedly bear spotted on the trail. In 11 miles we had met only 1 other person. I had a blowout-like instant on my bike and had no way I could drag my bike any distance. The back  wheel would not turn as the inner tube was all jammed up in the flat tire.  With my bad feet that was almost an impossibility as there was no way I could walk back 11 miles and drag the bike..  Plus my bike is a Brie which is a very heavy bike. Within just 1 minute or so, 2 people appeared on the trail.  Not sure where they came from as we were out in the boonies. They saw my dilemma and kept on going. Yikes we need your help, why are you leaving us!!!! I didn't say that but was sure thinking it!
Within a few more minutes we saw the lady walking back towards us. She informed us that her husband went to get his truck and he would get us back to Black Creek were our car was parked.
As they were loading up our bikes they told us that they always walk at 6-6:30 in the morning, that they have never walked this late in the morning. (It was about 11:30 or so)  
 Talk about Divine appointment. They totally came to our rescue and God answered our prayers before we even really prayed. God is so good and  so faithful. I get so overwhelmed by His love every time something like this happens.

When it happened my friend said she was going to bike back to Black Creek and leave me on the trail by myself with maybe the bear. Horrible thought . I told her she should not do that as if a bear came I would toss him my lunch and after he gobbled that up he would be after me and I can’t run with my bad feet. That is what we would have had to do it these people had not showed up.
 

 Isn't this story  just to cool!!!!

No comments: