Friday, September 27, 2013

Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce

A friend toke me to lunch at a local country club yesterday.
On the menu was a Roasted Vegetable Pizza with Alfredo Sauce. You know just how fattening Alfredo Sauce can be.So I did not order it. Instead I had a salad.
But, I have been thinking about that pizza and decided to make a healthier version of it. In between canning today I made up this Alfredo Sauce.
A friend gave me her Tops News Magazine  (October, November edition) and found the basic recipe in there.
 Tomorrow I will let my pizza crust rise, (it is in the freezer at this time)
and roast my veggies and have a healthy pizza. Doesn't that sound great!!!. Will post it after I make it.

Ingredients for Alfredo Sauce:
  • 1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets.
  • 1 Tablespoon earth Balance Butter
  • 3-4 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 4 clove garlic's, minced
  • 1/4 cup soy creamer
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated,  cheese of choice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
  2. Place cauliflower in boiling water, cook till very soft.
  3. Melt the butter in saucepan, saute onions and garlic.
  4. Add soy creamer and Parmesan cheese.
  5. Stir until cheese melts. 
  6. Add seasonings.
  7. Put in food processor with strained, cooked cauliflower.
  8. Process until very creamy, adding cauliflower water or more soy creamer to the proper consistency.
  9. Add  more seasonings to taste if needed, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper. etc.

Enjoy!!




No comments: