Friday, September 27, 2013

Another Alfredo Sauce Recipe

This is so quick and easy. Adding red roasted peppers would be great in this recipe also. This is great as a sauce on vegetables, in a casserole or in my case I used it on a pizza. This is really tasty and does not have all the calories in what Alfredo Sauce does. Give it a try, I think you will really like it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1/3 cup raw, unsalted cashews
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 3 Tablespoons low sodium tamari-I did not use as I did not have any in the house.
  • 2 tablespoons Earth Balance Margarine
  • 1 tablespoon tahini
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 pinch nutmeg
  • 2-4 cloves of garlic
  •  Black pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Put everything but soy milk in the food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down sides of the food processor.
  2. Add soy milk and blend well.
  3. Use on pizza's, pasta, vegetables or wherever you want Alfredo Sauce.
I made a pizza this evening  using this sauce and it was very good.
I baked my pizza crust for about 6 min. removed from the oven and put this Alfredo Sauce on with vegetables that I had roasted earlier. It was very tasty. I forgot to take a picture. It was gone before I thought of it.

Note:
To roast veggies  I put my chopped up veggies in a plastic bag.. I had red pepper, onion, crimini mushrooms, and green grapes. I put just a little oil in the bag with some fresh rosemary that I had in my garden. Shake the bag well and put on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread out single layer on baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or so turning once.


Enjoy!!!


No comments: