Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cranberry Pecan Bars

My bike riding friend Mary, gave me this recipe. I had to change a few things in the recipe to make it CHIP Approved.
They are really good but too sweet so I am cutting back on the sugar in the recipe next time I make them.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Bob's Red Mill White flour or pastry flour
  • 2 Tablespoon sugar-I use a raw sugar-Next time I make this I am not going to use.
  • 1/3 cup Earth Balance, natural buttery spread
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions:
  1. Mix together above and press into a sprayed  9" by 13 " glass pan.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Topping:
  • 1 cup sugar-I used natural raw sugar. The original recipe called for 1 1/4 cups sugar. this is way to much.
  • Egg Replacer to equal 2 eggs.
  • 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
  • 1-2 Tablespoons orange zest
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
  1. Mix Well
  2. Add 1 cup chopped cranberries-I used frozen cranberries from out of my freezer.
  3. 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
  4. 1/2 cup chopped pecans.

  1. Mix above well.
  2. Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Enjoy!!!

.

No comments: