Sunday, September 22, 2013

Verna's Hawaiian Carrot Salad

This is my version of a Hawaiian Carrot Salad. I had some carrots in my crisper that I needed to use up. I love anything with a citrus flavor in it and decided to make my carrots into a Hawaiian Salad. At least this is my version of such a salad. It is very refreshing and very quick to make.
I placed the salad on a ring of orange slices. It looks so very pretty!

Ingredients:
  1. 3-4 cups carrots-shredded
  2. 1 cup dried cranberries
  3. 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise of your choice-go easy.
  4. 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
  5. 3 Tablespoons  fresh orange juice- I used even more than that 
  6. 2 teaspoons orange zest-probably used more.
  7. 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
  8. 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained-optional
  9. 1/2 cups walnuts-toasted and chopped

Directions:
  • Mix together all ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: