Sunday, November 17, 2013

Frozen Cranberry-Cream Pie

Another Thanksgiving Treat. What is nice about this, it can be made days before Thanksgiving. Also it is quick and easy, only 5 ingredients. I found this recipe in the latest Vegetation Magazine.

Ingredients
  • Graham Cracker crust. I use Earth Balance (with the red cover) for the butter in my crust.
  • 1-12oz. bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar-I used 1/2 teaspoon powdered Stevia
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 cup Vanilla Greek frozen Yogurt thawed 10-15 minutes I used 2 containers
.
Directions:
  1. Bring 1/2 cup of water with cranberries, sweetener and allspice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer  10 minutes or so until mixture is thickened. Mash any chunks with potato masher or submersible blender.
  2. When cranberry mixture is cooled fold in slightly melted frozen yogurt.
  3. Put into pie crust. 
  4. Freeze for 2-3 hours before serving.
  5. Remove from freezer 1/2 hour before serving time. Place in refrigerator to partially thaw.

Comments from Verna's Test Kitchen.
  • As I mentioned above I used Stevia in place of the sugar.
  • Also I zest 2 oranges, and added to cranberry mixture. Also I used the juice from  the 2 oranges in place of the water.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: