Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

After roasting vegetables yesterday I was trying to come up with a recipe to make potatoes and gravy less fattening on Thanksgiving. After checking my potato bin I found these fingerling potatoes. No gravy needed, plus they are really pretty. I bought the fingerlings at Aldis several weeks ago. They where very inexpensive there. Aren't these pretty! They taste great hot or even cold. One of my foods that I have a hard time leaving alone. So make them when you have other people around.

Directions:
  1. Scrub potatoes really well, dry off and cut in 1/4 inch strips. They were not cut this way for the picture.
  2. In a large bowl I put all the cut potatoes.
  3. I added about 6 chopped cloves.
  4. 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  5.  Salt-go easy.
  6. Fresh rosemary-leaves removed from the stem.
  7. 2-3 teaspoons EVOO - Mix well.
  8. Place on parchment lined baking sheet-single layer
  9. Bake 475 until golden brown and crispy on the outside 30 minutes or so, turning once.
  10. Remove from the oven, add more seasonings if needed.

No gravy necessary, less calories, if you don't eat too many! Plus less work.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: