Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Roasted Vegetables with Apples

I was hungry for some roasted vegetables plus I had a few onions that needed to be used quick as there life was getting short.
I love roasting vegetables with fruit. In this case I choose apples. I have used grapes, and pears in the past. whatever needs to be used up I hate throughing out food.
When roasting vegetables you can put in whatever you have on hand. this is something where you can be very creative.
Wouldn't this be an attractive Thanksgiving dish!!

This is what I did.
  • In a plastic grocery bag, I put in the following:
  • 2 onions, cut into bite size pieces
  •  1 zucchini squash, cut in circles or other winter squash
  • 2 sweet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
  • 3 large carrots, cut into circles
  • 4-6 garlic, slivered into small pieces
  • 3 apples, unpeeled cored and cut into bite size pieces
  • 2-3 Tablespoons EVOO
  • 2-3 teaspoons Italian seasonings
  • Freshly ground black pepper, about 1-2 teaspoons
  1. Shake the bag well.
  2. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
  3. I used 2 sheets as I wanted them to be in a single layer.
  4. Bake 425 degrees for about 30 minutes or so, stirring once in between. You want the veggies to be tender and browned around the edges.

There just is nothing any better than this!!! And it is so quick and easy.

Enjoy!!

No comments: