Thursday, November 21, 2013

Maple Pumpkin Bread

My friend Mary, gave me this recipe from out of the Appleton Post Crescent. It was in Alicia Ross's column.
I had fresh pie pumpkin in the garage that I needed to use, so decided to try this recipe.
 This recipe turned out fabulous. It would be a nice bread for Thanksgiving also. Rather than using 2 large bread pans, I used 4 small loaf pans. I like the size so much better.
Doesn't that look yummy, well it truly is.

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour- I used Bob's Red Mill
  • 1 cup brown sugar-use a healthy brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda-aluminum free
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder-aluminum free
  • 1 teaspoon salt -go easy
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1- 15 oz. can  pure pumpkin puree-I used fresh pumpkin
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • I added 1 cup chopped walnuts
I made this pumpkin bread again today, as I am giving it as Christmas presents. I added a cup of chocolate chips. Yummy!!!

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and flour loaf pans. I used 4 small pans.
  2. In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
  3. In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients..
  5. Mix well. Divide the batter amongst the loaf pans. 
  6. Bake 45 min for the small pans or when a  tooth pick  inserted comes out clean.
  7. Remove from the oven and rest the bread for 10-20 minutes.
  8. Remove from pan and put on a cooling rack.

Enjoy!!!


No comments: