Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Black Bean sliders w/ Mango Sauce and Guacamole

I found this recipe on chefchloe.com
-
-Ingredients
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
1/2 cup carrots finely diced or shredded
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 bunch cilantro-chopped fine
1/4 cup water
-
Spicy Mango Sauce:
1 mango-peeled and cut 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes-whole or sliced
1 garlic clove
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all in blender, blend until smooth
-
Guacamole
3 ripe Haas avocados, halved pitted and mashed
1/2 lime-juiced 1/4 cup salsa fresca
salt and pepper
Mash together, fold in salsa fresca
-
Directions:
  1. Saute onions in sprayed pan, over medium heat until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients with the caramelized onions.
  3. Using your hands form into mini patties to match the size of your bun. Brown in greased pan. Let each patty get brown before flipping about 3 minutes.
  4. Slice each roll or bun in half.
  5. Spread a couple teaspoons Mango sauce on bottom bun.
  6. Add the black bean slider and about 1 Tablespoon Guacamole.
  7. Put top on the slider.
  8. If you have and mango sauce left, dip fries in sauce.
-
Comments from Verna's Kitchen:
  1. I browned the shredded carrots with the onions, as I find the carrots do not get cooked otherwise.
  2. I used Panko Bread crumbs as I wanted them really fine.
  3. I put 1/4 cup of water and cilantro in food processor and processed until fine.
  4. I used Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.
  5. in the Mango sauce and no salt.
  6. I did not use any salt or the salsa fresca in the guacamole.
  7. I had some small buns, cut the bun in thirds, and did not use the middle of the bun. I toasted my buns before assembling.
  8. The sliders were really good but desperately needed the Mango sauce and Guacamole, as they tended to be dry. I had 6 medium sliders which I will be freezing.
I would assemble the sauce and guacamole in advance next time. I made this for breakfast and was doing it all at once.
I thought they where really good and would do it again with the changes.
Salsa Fresca:
Recipe from Tyler Florence
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped 1 jalapeno, minced
8 cilantro sprigs, chopped 3 garlic cloves, minced
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teas salt
Toss everything together. Leave stand for 15 minutes before serving.
I would love your comments or any ideas you may have.
-
Enjoy!!!
-
Have a super day.

No comments: