Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Butternut Squash Soup with Gremolata


I found this recipe in Nov. Better Homes and Garden Magazine and it is really good.

Ingredients:

2 lbs. Butternut squash, peeled seeded, cut into 1" pieces.
2 cups Vegetable Broth-I used my home made broth and added 2 Teaspoons Wylers sodium
free Chicken Bullion
1 14 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar-- I used an organic sugar
1 Tablespoon fish sauce-I used 1 Tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Amino's
1/2-1 teaspoon Asian sauce or Siracha Sauce-I used Siracha sauce
2 Tablespoon Lime Juice.

1 recipe for Thai Gremolata

Mix together:
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
1/2 cup chopped salt free peanuts-I roasted them
1 Tablespoon finelly shredded Lime Zest

Directions:

  1. In slow cooker, mix together squash, broth, chicken bullion, onion, Bragg's Liquid Aminoe's.
  2. Cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-2 1/2 hours.
  3. Add Coconut Milk, Lime Juice, Siracha sauce. Mix with an Immersion Blender.
  4. Serve warm with Gremolata on top.
Soup is always better the second day.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: