Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries


I came home from my sister's funeral this afternoon and felt like some healthy comfort food. They had lots of unhealthy comfort food at the funeral. I did mostly relish tray foods. I guess I surprised myself as there was lots of naughty food there that looked really tempting.
-
I decided to make some Sweet Potato Fries as they are quick and so very good.
-
Ingredients:
2-3 sweet potatoes or as many as you like.-peeled and cut into 1/4 " size pieces
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Cayenne pepper to taste
-
Directions:
  1. Put the sliced sweet potatoes in a gallon sized bag.
  2. Add about 1 tablespoon oil and shook really well.
  3. Add seasonings -Go easy you can always add more after they are baked.
  4. Shake well
  5. Put on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  6. Make sure they are not overlapping and not to close together.
  7. Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes,
  8. Turn with spatula, and bake about another 10-15 minutes, Watch so they don't burn.
Comments from Verna's Test Kitchen:
  1. Use any seasonings you may like. I actually didn't measure, just guessed.
  2. Cajun Seasoning is also good on these.
  3. For a dipping sauce, I made a tarter sauce with Vegenaise .
  4. Also had some CHUN'S authentic Asian, Sweet and Sour Sauce. Really liked the latter. I know sometimes sweet potato fries are served with a Ranch Dressing in the restaurants, but it is to high in sodium for me.
  5. They are so easy to make, give ithem a try.
Comments appreciated.
-
Enjoy!!!
-
Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!!

1 comment:

Jean L. said...

OHHH. . .dip those sweet potato fries in a LITTLE Wasabi sauce (1-2 tsp.) for a very horseradishy treat or mix the Wasabi with 1 Tbl. Veganaise for an even better sauce. Love that Wasabi!!