Saturday, November 27, 2010

Citrus Salad

I found this recipe in December's Better Homes and Garden Magazine
.
Ingredients:
3 oranges
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon fresh snipped tarragon
1/4 cup EVOO
2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and thinly sliced
2 clementines, peeled and separated into segments
1/2 cup unsweetened flake coconut, toasted
-
Directions:
  1. Squeeze juice from one orange and put in bowl. Whisk in tarragon, mustard and oil.
  2. Toss lettuce with dressing, add citrus, top with coconut.
  3. Serve immediately.
Comments from Verna's test kitchen:
We had a very nontraditional Thanksgiving meal at my son's home. My kids are all into gourmet cooking, and wasn't real sure what the meal would consist of. I decided to try this recipe, 'cause if it didn't turn out, I would not have to eat it by myself all week.
-
  1. I used mixed dark baby greens instead of Bibb lettuce.
  2. I used about half that amount of oil.
  3. I did add 1 Tablespoon of Agave Nectar as I felt the dressing was a little bitter.
  4. I mixed the citrus and dressing together, but I did not mix citrus and dressing with the greens before hand, as I did not want my greens to get soggy.
  5. When ready to serve, I put the greens in individual containers, added citrus mixture and then topped with toasted coconut.
  6. Next time I may leave out the grapefruit and add bananas at the last minute, also grapes would be good in this.
Give it a try. Quick and easy!!
Enjoy!!!
-
Have a super wonderful day.

No comments: