Friday, November 19, 2010

Chocolate Mint Ice Cream


I promised the CHIP Class that when the 6 weeks of class were finished I would post my ice cream recipes back on my blog.

-
Ingredients:
1 pint Silk French Vanilla Soy Creamer-you will find this in the refrigerated case by the soy milk.
1 cup Silk Very Vanilla Soy milk-divided
2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder-or tapioca powder-this is a thickener
1 teaspoon powdered Stevia
1/4 cup Carob Powder or cocoa powder-go easy
1 -1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract-please not imitation
1/2 Tablespoon Peppermint Extract
-
Directions:
  1. In a small container mix well 1/4 cup soy milk and arrowroot powder.
  2. In a medium kettle, put in soy creamer, 3/4 cup soy milk, Stevia, carob powder and chips.
  3. Stir over low to medium heat until it comes to a boil.
  4. Remove from heat immediately.
  5. Cool mixture and put in covered container in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
  6. Freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions.
-
Comments from Verna's Kitchen:
I have a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and all I do is plug it in, put in the frozen drum, add ice cream batter, turn it on, and it is finished in 20 minutes.
-
The Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe is with the Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Recipe.
-
Oh and so very good.

-
Enjoy!!!!
-
Comments appreciated!!!
Any questions email me at verna.v@att.net.

No comments: