Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Corn Pudding


This was really good. I had made quite a few changes in the original recipe. I think it would be great if just before baking , add some grated cheese of choice with a crumb topping. I would add just a bit of Earth Balance on top of the crumbs to get it golden brown.

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped onion
3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
pinch of Stevia
pinch of salt
Lots of freshly ground black pepper-or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground Thyme
2 Tablespoons of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 eggs-I used Egg Replacer
1 1/4 cups plain soy milk
1/2 cup pumpkin-I used fresh pumpkin and pureed it, in the food processor.

Directions:
  1. Saute the onions in sprayed pan for about 3-4 minutes.
  2. Turn off the heat. Add corn, Stevia. salt and pepper, Thyme, and flour.
  3. Whisk together egg replacer (that has been sitting for 5 min,) soy milk and pureed pumpkin.
  4. Mix with corn mixture.
  5. Pour into a sprayed 1 1/2 casserole dish.
  6. As I mentioned on top, at this point I would add some grated cheese of choice and top with bread crumbs-maybe Panko and dot with some Earth Balance.
  7. Bake at 325 degrees until center is set and golden brown around the edges.

    This was really good but was on the bland side. If you like more spicy as I do, I would add just a touch of Cayenne pepper to the mixture and maybe a touch more Thyme.

    Would be interested in your comments, and if you tried it. It is truly a comfort food.


    Enjoy!!

    Have a great day!!!

No comments: