Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fresh Fruit Compote

This is hardly considered a recipe but what a quick and very healthy dessert for yourself or for company that is coming. I so love to try new recipes, so wish I had more company to cook for.

All I did was mix a container of fresh blueberries (washed of course) and fresh sliced strawberries with a Tablespoon or 2 of frozen orange concentrate.

If you don't have frozen orange concentrate a Tablespoon of Agave Nectar works also.

I then took some Fat Flush Tortilla Shells and cut them in strips with a kitchen scissors into a bowl. I mixed the strips with a Tablespoon or so of cinnamon, tossed well and baked for a few minutes at 250 degrees. About 8 minutes or so on each side. Oh yes I put them on a sprayed glass pan and lightly sprayed the tortilla strips.

These crispy strips where very good with the fresh fruit.


Give it a try. So very easy and so very good. Of course serve in a pretty stemmed container.


Enjoy!!!

No comments: