Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mushroom Taco's with Mango Salsa



I always chop everything in the food processor. Just so much quicker. I found this recipe on Chef Chloe's web site, but made a few changes.

Ingredients for taco's:


  • 1 onion-chopped

  • 1 bell pepper-chopped fine-any color

  • 2 large portables mushrooms-chopped to look like hamburger

  • 4 clove garlic-minced

  • 2 teaspoons chili powder

  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin

  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano

  • 1-15 oz. low sodium black beans- rinsed

  • 1-2 Tablespoons tomato paste

  • 2-3 Tablespoons water

  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste

  • Fat Flush Tortilla shells


Directions:


  1. Saute onions and bell pepper in sprayed pan, 2-3 minutes.

  2. Add garlic and mushrooms, continue sauteing.

  3. Add the rest of the ingredients, continue cooking on low 10-15 minutes.

Serve with Mango Salsa


I used my Mango Salsa Recipe as I preferred it to the one in the recipe. This is my Mango salsa Recipe.


Mango Salsa:



  • 4 Mango's-cut into small pieces

  • 1 sweet red bell pepper-chopped fine

  • 1/2 small red onion-chopped fine

  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro

  • 3 jalapeno peppers

  • Agave Nectar to taste

  • Juice of 2 limes

  • Mix all together-refrigerate for a few hours if time permits.

Chloe suggested to serve with her Pineapple Guacamole. I felt it was really good but not needed in this recipe.


Pineapple Guacamole


Ingredients:



  • 3 ripe avocados-mashed

  • 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

  • 1/4 cup salsa fresca-I used my Frog Ranch Salsa

  • 1/2 cup diced pineapple

Mix all together. Serve with above.




No comments: