Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sweet Potato Chips









I made these Chips with my Spiralizer which I have had for a few years. My friend Jean just got one which encouraged me to dig mine out of the cupboards. It is so fun to get new "toys" use them for a season, and then put them in the cupboard and forget about them. (thanks Jean for the reminder.)


The Spiralizer comes with 3 blades. One is in the spiralizer which made these chips. They are very thin. The other two blades I show in the pictures as well as the spiralizer.


The bottom picture is using a small zucchini from my garden showing what you can do with it.


The very thin zucchini makes great spaghetti for your marinara sauces. The purpose of the spiralizer is to eat more raw foods.


I did take the sweet potato and after running it through the spiralizer, tossed with some garlic and onion powder. I then sprayed it with a little spray, put the chips on parchment paper, and baked at 375 degrees for 1/2 hour. Watch closely so that they don't burn.


I ate them with some vegan mayonnaise with a little ketchup ( no fructose sugar ketchup)


It was a special treat.


I typed in Spiralizer Recipes on Google
I got recipes and info on how to order a spiralizer if interested. They are about $30.00 or in that ball park.

Or else go on Amazon.com the name of mine is World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Vegetable Slicer.


Give it a try, I am sure you will have fun with it.









1 comment:

Jean L. said...

LOVE my spiralizer!! Those "chips" will be on the menu ASAP. . .of course with vegan wasabi "mayo"