Sunday, July 24, 2011

Green Beans with Rosated Tomatoes.


I am so glad that I put that 6 foot fence around my garden to keep all the 4 legged creatures out.

I am starting to reap the benefits of all my work this spring.


I had fresh green beans for supper last evening and more this evening. I could eat beans three times a day and nothing else, especially when they are right out of the garden.


I found this recipe in the latest Pensy's catalog.


Ingredients:


  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

  • 1 cup yellow plum tomatoes, chopped-I did not have so did not use

  • 1/4 cup onions chopped

  • 8 cloves garlic, minced. I love garlic but I felt this was a bit too much and cut back to 5

  • 1 Tablespoons olive oil

  • 2 teaspoons sugar-I used 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar

  • 1-2 teaspoons salt- I used none

  • 1/4 cup butter-I used Earth Balance

  • 1/4-1 teaspoon Forward-a spice from Pensy's without salt

  • 2 lbs green beans, trimmed and cooked 1 minute in boiling water. Rinse and cool

  • 2 Tablespoons fresh chives or fresh green onions

  • Fresh ground pepper

Directions:


  1. Roast the tomatoes at 425 degrees.

  2. In a zip-lock plastic bag combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and stevia. and onions. Shake to mix.

  3. Pour on parchment lined pan and bake for 30 minutes.

  4. Meanwhile, melt the Earth Balance in a pan. Add beans, Forward seasoning and pepper.

  5. Heat through, stirring often.

  6. Add tomato mixture and pepper.

  7. Season to taste.

  8. Serve with chopped chives on top-optional

Enjoy!!!


Eat your beans-they are so good for you.


2 comments:

Jean L. said...

Now you just know I will be using this recipe when we get all those green beens picked. . .my lips are watering just looking at your pix.

Jean L. said...

So I don't know how to spell beans!! Fingers way too fast on the keyboard. . .