Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Bay Leaf Bush





I bought this Bay Leaf Bush a year ago from Steins. I wanted to bring it along last evening to the Herb Class but decided against it as I did not get it at Northside Hardware.


I kept it outside last year in it's own pot and brought it in for the winter months, put it in my bow window in the dining room. It has been wonderful source for fresh bay leaves all year long. (which I use a lot )


Bay Leaves are through out my cupboards. I keep them in my glass jars that have dried beans, on my shelves where I have rice in a bag or around any other food in bags. I also put them in my silverware drawers and my lazy Susan or anywhere there is food stored. I also have a few on my counter behind a clock that is in the corner. Oh yes also where I store my kettles. Why do I do this???? Bugs do not like Bay Leaves. Any tiny bugs will not come into your bagged items if you have Bay Leaves around on your shelves, or in the jars. I had no problem with tiny little red ants on my counters because of the Bay Leaves. Yes red ants can get on anyone's counter.




So go out any buy a Bay Leaf Bush, Not just great for seasoning food, but wonderful for keeping those bugs at bay!!! Hope you find this interesting




Have a super wonderful bugless day!!!

No comments: